Thursday, June 18, 2009

Part 5.2 (or What I Call Tybee Island)

Well y'all probably thought that the posting of Savannah's adventures couldn't get any better well here I go to disprove that thought right out of you mind. Friday we headed out to Tybee Island which is right out side of Savannah. I could seriously live there, even if it was in a box, and I would be happy, but seriously I would! We drove around till we found a real nice parking space. (I have since learned that we should have parked and been around 10th street, I've since repented and made note of it for future trips.) We walked a good mile or maybe less away from the crowds at the Pier after I changed in the STINKY, HOT, UN KEMPT, sorry of a bathroom. (I'm pretty sure I sweated a full pound off in there!) We were there for about 4.5 hours and even though I had sunscreen I still managed to get my white self real RED. Mainly just my back as it had not seen sun since the summer of 2006 right before I left for my mission. So yeah it was going on 3 years of no sun. I'm still peeling and it's all itchy like, but worth it cause now I'm back to brown, but not Bobby Brown style.

I will tell you this much. That water is so nice and warm. It felt like bath water or something of the sorts. I swam in it and it felt good. However I did think about sharks and such for a tiny moment but then blocked that mess out of my mind. No need to think about it when I could attempt to punch it in the eye if I had been bit. I have a real funny experience to share that involves me in the water swimming but I won't post it here...Wait what am I thinking I got nothing to hid. So I totally went a little number one in the Atlantic Ocean! Now don't any of you go and jude me, EVERYONE has done it in the pool and I bet several readers have done it in Lakes and Oceans, embrace it and get over it. I mean Al Gore never said oceans are dying because of that and I wanted to leave a part of me behind. Hahahaha

It was a real crowd pleaser part of the trip to Georgia and a good way to end it. It's probably a good thing that I don't live that close to Tybee, just yet, as I would never get things done.


Click on the picture to read the sign. It just tells you thanks for visiting.


I love that there were soooo many recycle bins and such all around the beach. Thank goodness they take care of Tybee.


So I wanted to learn to surf that day but there were no waves. I don't this guy understood that.

They use baby crabs to fish off the pier, well some did.


This lady walked the beach a long ways down and back up it


Hey look, it's my feet again, but then again they aren't burned like that last time I put them on this blog. Just sandy now.




It was alot of fun watching these two guys do this. I should have followed suit.




Yeah that is a baby SHARK in her hand. People were fishing sharks and other things on the pier and some guy even caught a sting ray. He let it go cause it's illegal to keep them. Now this poor baby shark I'm sure died as he was not thrown back in the water. He slowly stopped moving and last I saw him a few girls had him and trapsed down the pier to scare someone with it. I'm pretty sure the Good Lord will one day allow that shark to show them all what it felt like.




I will not zoom and crop this photo as the white speck would blind you. That is my "2 1/5 year no tan self." Now it looks nice and tan, I owe it all to the slight burn I got at Tybee. It was worth it.

There is mom. She never went in but sure like walking the beach.



-Gawdun

1 comment:

Elissa Stewart said...

I'm, once again, jealous. I didn't get to Tybee. I went when I served- but being in a skirt and having to stay out of the water at a beach just ain't nearly as fun. Fortunately, I did get to experience the Atlantic when I lived in Florida. And funny enough- sharks come in a close second to alligators when it comes to weird animal obsessions.