Sunday, December 9, 2012

Careful What You Ask For

So I guess when I said I wanted to run my own photography business that was GREAT.  When I said I was moving it to Los Angeles and going to relaunch and grab life by the wahoo that was ok...  Well that was until I realized grabbing any kind of "wahoo" can really make things insane... You following me yet?

Well I moved, and did grab.  And the grab has taken me for a ride and it's getting insane!

It's 1am, in my bed, and I'm just now done working on some post work from a recent shoot I had in Santa Monica this week.  At 10am, thats only 9 hours from now, I have a meeting with a gentleman who designs amazing neckwear in regards to shooting his first look book.  This is a big deal.  I've done some minor work for him a few months back but that wasn't for a whole look book!  I've got some ideas and thoughts that I hope he goes for, we shall see.  Then right off the bat this week I have another 3 hour shoot with a local Hermosa Beach business for a retail holiday event they are part of, which will then be quickly post processed and turned around for their customers.  (I teamed up with the local business back in November and it was such a hit I was asked to come back, yes this is horn tooting and I deserve it.  I don't toot often if you truly know me)

It may not sound crazy busy but you have no idea.  Especially if this look book job comes through.  I still have to manage my own personal holiday card/photo.

Yes I have a good amount of photographer friends who are way more busy right now but most of them have been doing this longer and have a routine, this is truly my first time being this crazy busy.

I LOVE every minute of it though!  However once again I wasn't fully aware what pair of wahoo's I was grabbing to make my dreams come true.  I'll make sure I'm more selective before reaching...

-Gawdun

2 comments:

Ames said...

You are a very talented photographer! Congrats on all the upcoming adventures! I am excited for you and the opportunities that are right in front of you.

And yes, you have bragging rights! :)

leinani45 said...

You have the right to brag! You took your dreams and ran with them, and that is AMAZING. Having your own business is not easy, and it requires a LOT of extra work (for you), but I know you can do it because you have an incredible talent. Keep up the good work!