Thursday, January 22, 2009

Travels and Wedding Shoots... Here I Come!

Well 2009 is turning out so far to be real productive. Ok so maybe not January alone, well unless you count all the extra hours I am working to get my side business up and running. So let me start off in one place and then y'all be caught up.

February: Not only is it the month that I turn a quarter of a century old. (That's right relatives your getting older now too, embrace them wrinkles! ;-p) My brother David was supposed to be wed on Friday the 13th up in Carson City, NV. Well as much as I hate to say they called the wedding off, for now. However myself and the mother unit and littlest brother Lucas are heading to Reno anyways. That is trip number one.

March: The 23rd is a big day for me this month. My first wedding shoot! I will be doing the photography for my first client's wedding that day. I'm expecting some fun and hard work. I can't wait. Also that month sometime towards the end I will be shooting the engagement pictures for another client. Locations have been chosen for that shoot and I can't wait they are gonna be awesome!

April: Currently April is dry on plans but that could change.

May: I know this will excite A WHOLE LOT of my readers. From the 6th until the return flight on the 20th I will be back in south GA! I am overly (is that even a word?) excited for this trip. Currently all plans approve and make this trip possible. I can't wait! Only a few days after my return home on May 23rd I will be shooting the ring ceremony photo's and reception photos for my 2nd client. May is prob my busy month so far.

June: I possibly could be shooting a 3rd clients wedding in Lake Tahoe which means more travels for me. I'm ok with that, hey J'ADORE TAHOE! (for them that can't speak french that means... I LOVE TAHOE) I have a meeting in the next week to present pricing and my work to the couple for consideration. Keep your fingers crossed. (I currently walk around with my whole body crossed. It's fun!)

July: Not a whole lot on paper yet but I am trying to schedule a trip to Cali so I can learn to surf this summer.

The rest of the year is unplanned as of yet, well except for the fact that I will be starting school in the fall. I'm hopeful of the school in NYC, but only time will tell. Some may ask, why go to school when it sounds like you are starting a business. My answer to that is simple, I need a money making fall back for the imaginary family I have right now that will one day become real life. So sorry this wasn't the most exciting post but a bunch y'all needed to be aware of some of these things.

-Gawdun

PS: I will be putting together a new blog for my photography business when that all begins.
So look for the link in the coming weeks.




3 comments:

Jess said...

Thanks for adding humor to my day! I hope you'll come and visit the Moores when you're back in Wayx.

The Ramsay's said...

:) it's march 21st silly

DANIELLE said...

VERY exciting! I got your note about doing our wedding. Jack's cousin is a photographer as well as his brother, so..free is a nice price. :) BUT, I would LOVE to see your photography blog once it's up. I love, love, love photo blogs.

Can't wait to see you in a couple weeks!