Sunday, February 22, 2009

"And the Winner Is..."

So I'm currently sitting here watching The 81st Annual Academy Awards.  The first showing in 2 years.  I don't know what it is but I love this show.  Call me corny but it makes me want to continue in my artistic hobbies.  But let's be honest...I still and have always wanted to be there, winning or attending.  Either way it would be awesome!  When Penelope Cruz was giving her acceptance speech for her win in Vicky Cristina Barcelona she made a comment that we have to protect our artistic interest in this world.  Along with the decline of funding for our education outlets in the world we are also loosing the creating education outlets the world has to offer.  I have a friend who works for Boys and Girls Club which is a program that gives kids a place to be that also teaches many things.  Among which is art.  Anyways as I spoke to her she mentioned they have cut the budget form her art department and this is sad.  We have way to many sporting events out there and not enough art events.  

You know I don't write to many serious things on here so this must be pretty darn important for me to put it on here.  Even if you can't afford school programs for your kids the teach them to express themselves in anyways possible.  Art is wonderful! 

However don't forget to keep your eyes peeled for me one day at the Academy!


-Gawdun

1 comment:

DANIELLE said...

HEY! When can I add your photo blog to my ever expanding list??