Wednesday, February 25, 2009

"My name is Anne, I'll take a stand"

Property of Andrew Gawdun
Don't ask me why I named this post the way I did. It's actually the line from the song by Santogold I'm listening to, and it just made me laugh.

So today is a good day.  Not only is it the eve of a milestone in my life but it was also a day off and I got a butt load of mess taken care of.  I managed to get a run in until my long time friend Molly called and then it just turned into a walk.  It was fun!  However I managed to lock myself out of the house and my sister didn't have her key so I jumped the 6ft wall we have to find the back door locked.  Drat. Needless to say the guy who is fixing my car that is taking FOREVER to finish had my spare house key.  We got in and the sister unit got to work on time...

As you can already tell this is just a re-count of my day...so far(there is 6 or so hours left)  Anyways I managed to clean up the bathroom and also (make all the jokes you want) watch two episodes of a family favorite show...the original 90210 (oh that Kelly and Donna were foxes when I was young ;-p)  

When I finally got out of the house around noon, I went and did some window shopping at Best Buy so that I could go and stare at the new camera I am getting in a few weeks  (Nikon D60).  I found it was on sale with an extra lens included so that made my pre birthday day.  I think I'm getting it this weekend, I can't wait.  The extra lens is 55-200mm.  I've never shot that way before so I am all excited.  Anyways I then went to American Eagle where me being a card holder got 20% my purchase since it's my birthday tomorrow.  I mean seriously it's like the whole world is celebrating my big "quarter of a century" festival.  That's right I'm calling it a festival, I just wont have a blow up bounce house cause shoot there are to dang pricey.  That pricey spelling doesn't look right maybe it should be pricie.  Who cares.  Back to me...I traipsed down to the Barnes and Noble to use there Wi-Fi but dang the Starbucks was gonna charge me $3.00 just to use it.  "No sir you can just march yourself right out of there!"  And that I did.  After I left there I went to my work and had a couple scoops of ice-cream and a macadamia nut cookie right before I called and made contact with one of the local Mortuaries.  That's right you don't need to read it again I said "Mortuary."  I'm actually, for them who are lost and haven't caught up, am apply to a couple funeral schools in the fall and wanted to make sure this is what I want to do.  The lady on the phone seemed real excited for me and said she would most definitely have the proper channels call me back.  (I can actually use the phrase "channels" and get away with it now.  Whoop Whoop!!!)  

Now I'm currently enjoying the sun while sitting outside a the local town square that has FREE Wi-Fi (take that you Starbucks jerkos).  It's rather nice out here.  Today I think the high was 70.  I'm mucho happy about that.  Here in 30 minutes I'm gonna walk over to the local Thai Restaurant.  Some co-workers are taking me out there tonight.  Mmmmmm Thai food is as the french say..."c'est super cool!"

I'll post pictures later from tonight but till the next time...

-Gawdun

 

1 comment:

Amysthoughts said...

mmmm that thai dinner was amazing as always. It was good to see you guys. sniff sniff* I miss you guys.