Friday, February 27, 2009

25 Will Be...

'Two Way Monologue'
-Sondre Lerche

I've decided that if I am listening to music during the creation of my blogs I would include the song and artist at the top so that y'all may enjoy the soundtrack of my life.  At least that is this next years minor goal.

So it has been a rather great birthday.  As previously posted yesterday I had a lot of fun and greatness on the pre-birthday festivities.  The below picture was taken after dinner at Benja's Thai Restaurant last night where I was treated to dinner.  I loved the Unagi I ate there it was AMAZING.  (Unagi is Eel Sushi.)  Dustin didn't make it but oh well maybe next time. 

(left to right:  Amy, Tabitha B. Maggie, Tabitha H. and Me)

However today the real day proved to be a lot of fun.  Work was work.  At the beginning of the week I made the comment that my job is kinda dull lately. I mean I really wasn't doing a whole lot of new things since they moved me up to server back in early Jan.  Well that changed today.  I was at work when one of the managers came up and informed me that they want me to start learning the 'pantry' side of the kitchen.  Which makes fries, salad's and a lot of the appetizers at work.  Well about 20 minutes later he came back and said he also wants me to learn how to make drinks in the bar.  Now I know there are gonna be some LDS readers out there that will gasp at this new opportunity that I have been given but don't worry, I'm not out boozing it up.  (so please pull yourself off the ceilings.)  Besides I am getting a butt load of experiences that will help me when I move off to school in the fall.  Just think that I will be more able to work in a restaurant in NYC if I end up at that school.  ANYWAYS moving on...

So I also managed to complete another purchase that will get my photography side job up and going now...I got the Nikon D60 today!!!!  Plus it came in a package deal that included an extra lens (55-200mm)  I am super excited.  Today's part of the birthday celebration ended with me going over to a good friends house and having dinner with the fiance and bunch of their friends.  The fiance is a great cook.  He works at a local country club and went to Le'Cordon Blue in Vegas so you know he can cook.  Saturday my family due to our busy week schedule will be having birthday festival-ness.  Once again it's like this turning 25 will not end!  I love it.

So I know this is gonna be a great year. Heck I'm still planning on visiting the former mission in May and then I got school to follow in the fall.  I was invited to learn to surf in Cali this summer and then who knows what else will happen.  Heck maybe I'll get hitched!! Yeah I'm laughing at the last one hehehehe.  I wont be wasting this year.  I have some great family members that support me and then I have some amazing friends.  Thanks for all the support and insight on this crazy life style of a 20 something.  (by the way Katie October 1st is coming quick, your turn to turn 25 is next...muahahahahahahahah  j/k)

Oh heavens I think it is time to turn the iTunes off.  Old school New Kids on the Block started playing.  Why I have one of their songs is beyond me.  But whatever I like all music.  

-Gawdun

*oh and all them facebook 'happy birthday' notes I thank everybody for

3 comments:

Nick and Serina said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! Hey bartenders can make a lot of $$$$$$$$! anything you can learn that will make the dough- is great. SOunds like turning a quater of a century old isn't that bad. Wish you the best! Enjoy your new camera.

Nancy Seaman said...

I found your blog! I love Sondre Lerche's music. I heard it on the DAn in Real Life movie and had to google to find out who it wasa doing the fab music. Will you be here reunion weekend? We do volleyball.

DANIELLE said...

Go figure you were in a picture with only girls. MmmHmmm... maybe gettin' hitched this year isn't such a far cry.