Thursday, March 5, 2009

So What Your Saying is Yeah Your Shallow and Like it?

'Recommendation'
- Mirah

So I just about had it with shallow people.  No actually I HAVE had it with them people.  I seriously think that most shallow people if they don't get there way will just end up miserable people and there is no helping them unless they help themselves.  Let me start back at the top and explain the meaning of this new outburst.

So I deal with this one person who will openly admit they are at times shallow.  I  see them alot.  (* Disclaimer-Personally I have wondered if I should create this blog post as it could create problems, but heck with it I'm telling it like it is.)  So I truly have no problem with this person and find them to be rather fun to talk with.  Well early this week I told this person if I had no other plans and wanted to I would go and hang out with them and some other people.  Well I ended up getting out of work late and ended up having plans with a former missionary pal that lives just down the street, (Elder Ilfra for them that may know him)  so I informed the other person that I was not gonna head over to their place and maybe next week.  Besides when I drove up to the house my mother informed me of some family crisis that had developed while I was at work that day.  Well today this person was all about informing me that they were "mad at me."  I really didn't care so I told them, as I had enough of the whining, they could, "quite frankly get over it and deal with the fact that I never showed up and my plans changed.  Besides I never told you I would show up , I said I would try and see."  I ended up getting the silent treatment but really that didn't bother me, lol.

So I came to the conclusion that I seriously don't have the time nor energy to submit all energy on this person or the hanging out that could be done.  Now let me introduce who I am, I am Andrew.  I make plans and sometimes I don't make plans.  I am not tied down in life yet except to work and church functions oh and my family.  My energy is better spent figuring my life out and just where I'm going to school in the fall, let alone how I'm gonna get there. I can make my own drama and issues but honestly that is lame.  I feel bad for the people that need to go along life and be what I call, "personality vampires."  This life on earth is very short and we only have this chance to prove where we want to end up.  So yes, I may be harsh and to some not very friendly, but I can count the people back in Reno that understand and respect who I am and don't get wrapped up in drama.  

Now that I think about it, I am glad that I am a member of the Church. When we are not active or better yet not members of the proper foundation we cling to whatever comes along and usually end up crushed from our own selfish needs and wishes.  I know what I need and where to get it.  Sometimes it may be hard but I manage knowing where my feet stand.  

'Leaving Las Vegas'
-Sheryl Crow

-Gawdun

2 comments:

Elissa Stewart said...

ooooo- personality vampires. That's a good one. I've known some in my life. Carry garlic with you. Or on your breath. Heavily. It helps with these kind of vampires too.

DANIELLE said...

Granted if you had heavy garlic on your breath, it would not help with the gettin' hitched thing. ;)

You know you should probably change something in your life when you read a post like this and think, "I wonder if Andrew is talking about me." hahaha. But then I realized, much to my dismay, not EVERYTHING is about me. (important life lessons.)