Thursday, March 12, 2009

Dangers of Running


So I realize that I have posted at least once everyday the last few days.  However I have all these random ideas and I just have to make them public.

Anyways today I went for a 45 minute run and went all over the place.  I even passed a lady walking with a child stroller twice.  You know there is something about the great outdoors when you run that makes you think of the most random, craziest things ever.  Ok maybe that is just for me and I love it!  So we have all these running paths all over St. George and some connect and some don't.  Well the ones by our town home go along a small over flow creek that is swarmed by gangly trees and bushes.  Now let me tell you that if I was a drug dealer or hoodlum I'd totally hang out there and do my business.  So as I'm running past all these shrouds of bushes, iPod jamming out, I notice a small pile of animal feces.  The first thought is, "bear!"  I begin to imagine what I would do if this bear came crawling out of the bushes.  I then shift my thoughts to a mutated deer as there are no bears in the inner city, save it be a zoo.  So this mutated deer comes flying out at me and bows green smoke as I go tearing off across the little creek and out onto the other side of passing traffic.  The other option is me to go all kung-fu like and kick the tar out of this animal.  Crazy I know.  Well it gets better.  At one point of my run I'm going along the main road and start to wonder, "If I was to collapse would any of these cars stop for me?"  I about tested my theory as this is a very much a repeated thought I experience.  One day I will do it.  I mean I plan on just falling out of the dirt track just to see if anyone stops.  However I realize that they may just call some emergency help and then I'd have to explain my story to the police or EMT's.  So chances of me doing this are slim but one day I want to do it...  

And that is what it is like when I run


-Gawdun


No comments: