Sunday, March 15, 2009

Grrr to the Powers That Be, For Now

'Sleepyhead'
-Passion Pit

So I made it p to Salt Lake, I know finally, this last weekend.  Granted it was only from Saturday afternoon to Sunday afternoon but it was still fun.  I was able to see a few of my mission pals, (Danny, Rachel, and Shannon).  I'm already planning on going back at the end of April to hang out but this next time will be much longer as I still need to meet up with a few other missionaries that I own "club'n" time with, Leslie.  Anyways the 4 hour drive gave me great time to sing as loud as possible and think about the words to songs.  "Hand n my Pocket," by Alanis Morissette is actually a very interesting song.  It's really about hope and knowing we can make it through any trial or down fall we experience in life.  Which brings me to the subject of my post.

As many of my fans/friends/stalkers/and others know I have been working on applying to a few funeral schools.  However I have bumped into a wall that I can't get over.  Before I can mail anything in to the schools I have to get two recommendation letters.  Easier said than done.  However one of the letters has to be from a funeral director and that is where my trouble lies.  I have been trying to set up appointments with local funeral directors but I have been given the run around multi times.  I'm not fed up and mad I'm just getting all discombobulated.  I mean these meetings are also to help me decide if this is really what I want to do with my life.  So I'm getting the blockade that is deflecting my apps to be mailed.  Then as many also know I'm launching my photo side biz beginning with a wedding for Tabitha and Kole this upcoming weekend.  Here is the funny one.  Last week I get this email that comes from a LDS based company.  Well I most the time delete the emails because they are usually adds for emailing missionaries in the MTC, and I don't know any current missionaries.  This time I opened it up and noticed a cation to "teach english in Mexico and other countries."  I responded for more info.  Well I got another email and we are supposed to conference call this week about the logistics.  I got me a 3 headed dragon staring at me!

I tell Rachel, Danny, and Shannon and they were excited about the English teaching chance, but then again they would be just as happy to see me move to Salt Lake anytime. ;-)

So I have many decisions on my hand in the next couple weeks, months.  I do know that I can't just "stay put" per se anymore like I am.  Don't get me wrong I'm not slacking but I need to get out of my mom's house (very glad you're letting me stay with you currently mom).  Of course many of you will respond with the classic answer to pray and read on it.  Yeah I'm starting that one tonight.

So once again I restate my subject...     "GRRRR to the Powers that Be!"

'How Will You Survive'
-Azure Ray
(ironic huh?)

-Gawdun

PS* I love my life full of trials and I do love the opportunities I'm giv'n so please don't think of me as a complete complainer.  LOL



At Taste of Punjab  Left to Right:  Me, Rachel, Danny, Shannon and Mike


Joseph and Hyrum Smith's death masks at the Church Art Museum


"Sharing" 
Image Property of Andrew Gawdun


Another Salt Lake Temple Picture
Image Property of Andrew Gawdun

1 comment:

Nancy Seaman said...

I happen to be really tight with a funeral director in Tifton GA. It was great seeing all my kids in pics.