Monday, March 30, 2009

OH brother, OH deary

'My Superman'
-Santogold

I wont lie when I tell you all how much more fun I have taking pictures for money then I do waiting tables and such.  (I am aware a few of you are waiting for the pics from the Ramsay wedding but until I get the prints to the couple this Wednesday I have decided out of respect nobody would see them till they do.)  Anyways I had yet another photo shoot this past Saturday and it was an early one.  8:30am.  We managed to take a bunch of prints.  I haven't had the time to look over them much as I was finishing up the Ramsay Wedding pics.  Anyways whilst I was taking the pics I thought to myself that despite the troublesome economy that heck I would most deff go and look into a small business license.  This decision comes also on the eve of the week I did a lot of "current job" pondering.  You know when you get this crazy thought in your mind that tells you to do something (we call that the quiet whisperings of the Spirit) well I was all over that description like a INS agent all over a construction site in southern California.  I kept getting this idea that maybe I need to be looking for other work very soon.  Now I'm not meaning to quit and go full into pictures but another occupation to over the bills and such.  Well last week I was also put into the bar officially, and had the experience of working there on Friday night making drinks.  I did ok and didn't think too much more about it. 

Saturday night I met up with 4 other guys from my Elders Q. and we did some Temple work.  Sunday morning as I was getting ready for church I had this random message bubble (like a comic book) push it's way in my head..."should you really be working in the bar?"  It was quite the question and I knew right away that I shouldn't.  So I made the decision that I would only work the already made schedules where I am in the bar but that I would let my bosses know that I will not be able to work in there past that.  Besides it's just another door way to other problems if I was ever to go crazy and wild like.  (don't worry all I'm not planning to go wild and crazier to the dark side of the moon.)  

So wish me luck.  Tomorrow I will be talking to my boss about this choice I have made.  He may just get made which is ok to me.  I understand that we have 3 bartenders leaving soon and we need to fill spaces but then again I was given some keen advice from a super member in Savannah, Ga whilst I was on my mission.  Bishop Lowther once told me that I would not have to wrry about slipping in the church if I made my mind up what I was going to do and stick with it. So I guess you could say I am heading advice and going with it.  If it cost me employment then I am ok with that, (doubt it will) but I'm ready ;-) 

-Gawdun

'Ready Steady Go'
-Paul Oakenfold

3 comments:

Mangelson's said...

I completely understand about you not wanting to post pics of the Ramsay wedding. I talked to Tabi and didn't realize that she didn't have the pics yet. i can't wait to see them.

Mark and Julia said...

Hope my husband's words don't get you into trouble! :) I know they won't--things work out as they should when we do what the Lord wants. Good luck!

The Button's said...

what did slugger say? Was he mad, I try to tell him I don't want to be in there either.

Laci