Wednesday, September 30, 2009

My Tires Need No Cushion For the Pushing

'Medicine Wheel'
-Aimee Mann

Here it is ladies and gents. The main reasons last week became another reason (if not the biggest) September sucked!

Monday started out great other than the fact that with me being FHE Co Chair I had to put out a FHE Region fire. Heck that night I talked to one of the best sister missionaries I knew on my mission, in fact that conversation was a real conversation it wasn't one sided which to me seems like all the conversations I have with people anymore. YOU ROCK ELISSA!!!

Tuesday was ok. My photo class was not boring.

Wednesday is where it alllllll started to go to the crapper. My job (not the fun one, I'm referring to Ruby Tuesday) was INSANE. I don't lie when I tell you that ALL BUT 2 of my tables in a double shift needed specialized items on their plates. I can deal with that but man I think I ran a complete marathon in that dinning room. Chew on that you St. George Marathon Runners! I also locked my keys in the car that morning at work. My mom brought my spare and was glad as I would have missed that classic 'LEROY' movie called FAME at my friends house. However around 11:30pm when I got home I again locked my keys into the car. However also with the master set were my spare keys. The next spare key lies in Reno, NV only 8hours away. I laughed but mother seemed to think not so funny of it.

Thursday I spent $50 in less than 1 minute just to get my doors unlocked. However I did catch the premier episode of Cougar Town (the new Courtney Cox show on ABC) and I laughed hard. Then there were some personal issues I had going down that day.

Friday was fun.

Saturday set in stone my reason to not attend the mission reunion this upcoming weekend. I noticed the previous Sunday at church that I had two back tires that needed to be fixed ASAP. So I decided that Saturday was the best time. One of the tires was starting to greatly show tread. So there I am driving on the freeway (why is it called that?) and I get .5 miles away and I have a complete tire blowout! I mean there is tire flying up in the air and people are swerving to not hit me. There was also that not so attractive smell of burning rubber.




I kid you not. I can see the Wal-Mart and it makes me laugh.



My insurance carrier tells me they can tow me and then pay me back. I could have put a spare tire on to get me there but I didn't really think about that till I was ALREADY at Wal-Mart and had spent ANOTHER $50 on the tow. i could have saved that money. Heck the tow truck driver also could have been a single lady and that would have made the event even more entertaining but NO it was a dude. Then they tell me the whole total of 2 tires and service on my little car comes to a total of $170.00! I used all my mission reunion/General Conference trip money and then still needed family help to cover the WHOLE DAY.

I look back and glad that in 1 hour it will be October 1st, Oh hey that is Katie's Birthday! Anyway I am just glad September will be over, this month always seems to be a fast one and I'm glad it is done.

However sad to say I will not be attending the mission reunion that I actually was finally getting excited to attend. Maybe my secret reason to get excited was not only getting to see a certain few missionaries but I was gonna plug the crap out of my photography. I'm sure there are a few that will need my services in that group. Oh well. Maybe Melissa or Elissa (that rhymes) will put a shout out for me. If not that is cool... BUT NEVER FEAR I AM GOING TO SHOW UP IN SALT LAKE BEFORE IT GETS SUPER WINTER LIKE. KEEP YOUR EYES AND EARS OPEN!

'Imaginary Friends'
-Nada Surf

-Gawdun

3 comments:

Ingrid said...

Yikes, sounds like a rough week. Hope October goes better for you.

On another note, freeways could be called that because your cruise is not impeded by traffic lights, intersections and such? That came straight from me, with no backing evidence whatsoever. Take it with a grain of salt.

Melissa Nickle, Owner of Blossom Sweet said...

Gawdun. Apologies that I didn't call you back- this week has been CRAZY for me! But, I am sad to read of your dilemma. We will miss you at the reunion, but maybe you can make it to my b-day party in January! :)

P.S. what's with the post title? geesh.

P.S.S. speaking of the title, the first time I heard the phrase "cushion for pushin'" was on the mission. From my companion. Leslie Orme. LOL.

The Ramsay's said...

I'm sorry Gawdun! that doesn't sound fun at all! i hate car trouble, especially when it's on the freeway! scary! oh and i believe that we are doing a house warming bbq this friday. I'll call you with the details:)