Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Seriously?

'Breakin' Up'
-Rilo Kiley

Today at work I witnessed probably the most awful thing possible. Let me tell you the story.

So one of our cooks, who is by far our most awesomest one, clocks out after his shift and I ask him when he is working next. He tells me that he doesn't think he is due to the fact that he hasn't been scheduled. I tell him that is weird maybe he was put on a different part of the schedule, nope he wasn't. Finally he gets our general manager, who is awesome, to call and ask the head chef why he is not on the schedule. Supposedly he was 'let go.' Our manager asked me if he is on the schedule anywhere else and I tell him (by the way I managed to get involved in this by a freak chance) that Ruth had not put him on the other departments schedule that he already knows how to work. So the manager calls her up which in turn he is told that she doesn't need him on the schedule!

This is where I get mad.

NOBODY HAD THE GUTS TO TELL HIM THAT THEY WERE LETTING HIM GO. My job has some of the most un-accountabale people I have ever seen and met. The head chef leads the pack, he would rather yell at us when small mistakes happen and not deal with employees that he is over. Then who said Ruth had power to tell people she did not need them? As far as I recall from what the other shift leader said, a shift leader does not say who works there and who doesn't. On a side note* Danielle after you left she tried being just like you and doing things that you do. LAME!!! I felt so bad for this guy. Finally our GM is told by the head chef that they don't have enough hours for him. OH HECK if that isn't the worse lie I have ever heard this week. His hours were given to 2 other cooks who are horrible and have more mistakes than this young guy ever made and he was only with us a few short months. I asked him if he had a reason to be let go and he said not that he was told and knew.

I wanted to tell him to keep his head up that this is just a test to see if he makes and keeps his baptism date for this weekend. Oh yeah I forgot to mention that. He is getting baptized this weekend so I believe that this is just a distraction from the man named Satan.

I once again feel all 'Norma Rae' like and want to check into his labor rights and see if he was treated fair. I smell unfair acts all over this. I still can't believe they just take his name off the schedule and not tell him.



'15'
-Rilo Kiley

1 comment:

Kris and Danielle Ramsay said...

This breaks my heart. I know the "head cook" you are talking about and wonder WHO THE HELL he thinks he is. As for Ruth well you know how I feel about the situation. This cook you are talking about in your post will be blessed, his baptism will be so very special to him and he will feel the spirit and be blessed with great things. Sometimes it takes things like this to make us see what can actually be good for us. Sometimes needs to put Ruth and Gama in a room together and make them spend time with each other and no one else. Then maybe they will see the ugly in each other. I wish the best for everyone at Ruby's. I miss you guys and maybe Gawdun you should tell Ruth to shove it.