Thursday, September 3, 2009

Whitney - Post Bobby


'Roseanne Theme Song'
-TV Theme Players


I feel once again it is my civic duty to commentate on media fire. I also meant to post on this yesterday when it happened but like my last post said I have been SUPER booked in time and all. Better late than never right?

As many of you know, and then for those who didn't know, Whitney Houston is making a comeback. This comeback just may be the best one of 2009. From what reports are saying she will not be going on tour to promote this comeback so she has settled with TV appearances. One of the first ones was yesterdays GMA (Good Morning America) concert. This is what I will speak about.

Overal the performance was great with minor flaws that the mass media are zeroing on. First off is the voice cracking... Her voice did have some cracking involved but lets think about this. Up until recently she was a cracked out baby momma with money and married to Bobby, or in the words of her... "BOBBBAY!" (I don't think I will ever forget the reality show they did together and the moment they discussed true love and hemrhoides) So with her being all drugged up for year this will do damage to ones vocal cords. Next let's think about how when someone ages things happen to ones body and that causes changes in the voice as well. 3rd think about how long she has been gone from music in general. Of course you wont just jump back on the "I Will Always Love You" music notes. Think about this. She is related to Dionne Warwick, and as a reporter said it is more obvious NOW that they are related. The voices sound very similar now. Personally I thought her voice was amazing, but then again this is coming from me and I think Macy Gray sounds AMAZING.

On the looking good factor she is a 9 for me and could easily be a cougar for me. That is right, I would totally date her!

I don't plan on rushing out to pick up her album let alone buying it at all but I will support her on this slamming comeback.

Before I go I have to laugh and share at how insane her fans are. On GMA before she sang they let a few people speak about Whitney and they were ALL out of control funny. Here is simply the best one that I HAVE to share with you readers...

"Whitney is manna from Heaven and honey to my ears!"
-freaking out Asian fan

I laugh every time I read or think about that quote.

'Fresh Blood'
-Eels


-Gawdun

PS. Her new album is out now and is entitled 'I Look to You'

2 comments:

The Sauls Family said...

Oh man, I LOVED "Being Bobby Brown". That show was cah-ray-zay!! It made me feel a lot better about myself, that's for sure! :P And who can forget Aww, hell to the Nah!!!"??

I miss that show, and it's too bad Whitney will never allow it to be released on DVD because that was CRAZY COMEDY GOLD.

Nancy Seaman said...

I am a huge Whitney fan. I have Run to You on my playlist and crank it up high when it plays.