Thursday, May 20, 2010

Nepal or Bust! (I Don't Want to Bust)


http://www.savenepal2010.myevent.com

I had a conversation with a friend who was turning 28 the same day I was turning 26. They said that 26 was a great year but 27 was not so great. Now I have no idea how true that is in regards to 27 but I do know that 26 has and still is turning out to be an amazing year!

Case in Point.

Later this year from October 28th till November 8th I will be in the country of Nepal on humanitarian relief effort. I have teamed up with Singular Humanitarian Experience (SHe) who has partnered with CHOICE Humanitarian to help slow the poverty issue around our world. For one week I will work closely with other volunteers to complete a number of projects ranging from a school house being built, small medical facility being constructed and helping promote education. I have always wanted to support and work in a cause like this and I am more than excited to be part of this expedition.

However there is the catch of monetary totals. I am responsible for providing air fair and the amount for the program. The complete total comes to $3,000.00. In the next 5 months I need to raise that amount. I am working closely with two other local ward members who are also going, in regards to local business donations and fundraising events. But that is not going to help all the way. That is why I come to you my readers and friends. In the next several weeks many of you may receive a personal letter from me asking for a donation of sorts. I do ask that you help out not me but your "global community." Besides letter writing and personal presentations to businesses I have created a website that makes it super easy to donate directly to me. Please visit the link above or click the same one here:


By following that link you can learn more about my cause and be part of it as well. So please take the time and donate.

-Gawdun

1 comment: