Saturday, March 7, 2009

That's Tasty...

'Episode 2 of Season 1'

-Arrested Development


So everyday that I work in the restaurant and serve people I find many more amusing and simple truths to share with those in society that enjoy eating out.  So indulge a little and enjoy the tasty goodness that come in the form of my words...


1.  Just because you receive the AARP monthly letter doesn't mean I need your bad mood.  They may tell you it's OK to act harsh and rude because you have "achieved the ripe age of senior deals."  But let me be honest.  Your just annoying.


2.  Sometimes I wonder if there should be a "grazing and barn clean up"  charge to families that have unruly, tear it up wild, children.  I mean I never knew you could rub Saltines into the carpet that well and make it feel like cement.  "Can I higher your child to build my mud brick house when we it the depression big time?"


3.  Coupons.  What can I say they bring out all kinds of people.  You get your, "does that discount include a drink?"  "Now I see what it says but can I still get this item?" (even when it simply states NO.)  And my favorite..."oh we used to hate coming here but we loved it tonight, thank goodness for the coupon right?"  


4.  People really have not sense of surrounding.  I mean who cares if I have currently 4 others tables that are packed, I mean it is truly about your table only.  Who cares if the others need things.  (Although when you tip nice it makes up for the lost amount of sanity that happened during the flying circus act ;-) )


And lastly...


5.  Nothing beats feelings success as a server like having a 10 year old say that he just ate the best burger of his life so far.  (His mother said he was making all these noises of enjoyment and was surprised I didn't here it when I would pass by.)


-Gawdun

1 comment:

Amysthoughts said...

Ahhh joys of being a server...
Im actually glad to be working in the bakery instead of dealing directly with guests. However I still want to work up to server position asap :)