Monday, April 27, 2009

Location, Location, Location

Tonight before I headed out to the movies with the family I went out to search for some locations for a photo shoot I am doing later this week.  The client is from Salt Lake and recently moved here but wanted to take senior pictures some where different and not so cute and frilly like most senior pics are.  Up in Salt Lake there is a place where they have tons of graffiti and tagging, ironically she was up in Salt Lake this last weekend as was I but it never dawned on me to get ahold of her to take them up there.  Whatever.  So I jumped up in my car and headed out to the local scene of St. George.  I wont lie I was hopeful that I would find a place here that has graffiti and tagging.  To such luck I found none.  This town is just super clean, I swear!  I've even made a few calls to people that may know.  I have found no luck in the call area except I have one more person to speak with.  Anyways I found some random places and here they are...I show them to the client tomorrow to get their input...("need more input, more input!" - who can tell me where that movie line is from?)  

This is the outside of a hotel, I'm not sure but they might charge me to use it so I may skip this location, but I like it...

This is by far a runner up in the choice.  Has a lot of potential for fun pics...

Inside the lower level of a parking garage...

Some random persons house I drove by...


-Gawdun

1 comment:

Elissa Stewart said...

Yeah, the movie theater place was the best so far. The parking garage lacked variety, although it had the rough look, it would basically turn out to look like a stone canvas. The hotel not so much either. I wonder...what if you took the pictures in DI with a bunch of fun props and on the old couches and stuff? I don't know if they'd let you do that or not, but it might be sweet. Or in doubt, get props from DI and make the regular cutesy setting look not so cutesy. Here are some picture ideas that my friend has taken of me: in the bathtub (fully clothed, duh!) with an umbrella and the shower head on (caution- can cause flooding to bathroom!),in and in-closed trash room with a bunch of trash cans, washer and dryers are fun (smaller friends were the models for those pics)... And here's some other ideas I have (boy this is turning into a novel, I should publish it!)- Jumping on her bed, covered in rocks, on a roof with a tea set (or a water set, whatever), in the sea (oh, what, you don't have the little mermaid camera?)...I'm going to stop now...