Monday, June 29, 2009

Part 6 (The End)

Our stay in Georgia ended with another trip back to Waycross putting up much closer to Jacksonville. We managed to stop and get doughnuts from Dede's again, have lunch at the local eatery called, Garden Cafe. I had been to the one in Blackshear but this one was a new location downtown Waycross. It was great as always. On our way back to Waycross we took an alternate route and went down to Jekyll Island. (only the main entrance as they charged you to get on the 10 mile wide and long island). Enough of my words have fun with the pics...

I snapped this pic on the way back from the Vegas airport to home.


That is the Hoover Damn. They are building a bridge to go around as to divert any possible chance of terrorist threat.





Jacksonville airport was amazing. They had sinks in the bathroom where the water just poured onto the counter and drained behind it. I mean it was a counter top not a basin! Then they had this person walking across the glass. My favorite airport so far in all my years of travel thus far.

The door ways to the bathroom's were very inviting to any shape of person.


If you look real close the billboard in the week we were gone had some adjustments made to the faces of Charlie and Jessica.



My mom loved her so much that we had to return so that we could get a picture that included my mom as well. Sister Gowen.

Tobacco fields.

The freakn rockin awesome Taylor family! They getting closer to get to the Temple! I told them to call me and let me know early and I'd try and get back out there for it.

We was real thirsty.

Mom made it sound like it tasted amazing, so I tried.







-Gawdun

*On a side note since my return from this trip the Waycross Ward no longer belongs the the Douglas Stake. They are now part of the Kingsland Stake if I'm not mistaken. Thus they no longer are part of the Georgia Macon Mission. That sucks for the mission but good for Waycross and the growth they have and will see.

1 comment:

Jess said...

I am so glad you had such a wonderful trip with your mom...what memories!! Do you know who made those "adjustments" to our billboard!?!? I do!!...and he fixed it! :)