Monday, January 11, 2010

C'est Super Cool!



And the news you want on Paris.

So as most of you know I assist a local photographer once in a while here in town on different projects. I have learned a LOT when it comes to the things he is doing at each event I have been on. Well last Tuesday I was informed by two people that I may have a good photo chance with them. While I was getting ready for work I also got a text from the photographer that said... "Paris, 23, interested?"

I noticed the text on my way to work so I text him back with only one word... "What?"

I was unsure what he meant so I made it to work and was asking around if there was a Paris, UT thinking that is what he meant. I heard back from him and he needs an assistant on a wedding shoot in Paris, France from the 21-24 of January. YEAH!!!! I KNOW!!!!! EXCITING!!!! I was so super excited that he would ask me to help on it. I text him back that I would need to look at some things and I would get back to him. I would have to pay my way (almost $2,000) but the big kicker that got me made me turn it down was the fact that I don't own a passport yet. Funny how back in December I felt that I need to get one as soon as possible this year. So right after work I went and got the paper work to apply for mine.

I wont lie I am super sad I had to turn this down but I told him that on the next help he needs with a trip shoot to let me know and I should be able to go as I should have my passport by then.

I HAVE NEVER BEEN GIVEN AN OPPORTUNITY LIKE THIS BEFORE, This year has been turning out on the most part to be sooooooooo smashing,.. minus a little glitch I experienced towards the end of last week. (if you want the details you have to call me for them, they wont be posted).

But I must trickle down the road I just got off Skype with a friend in Reno who I haven't spoken to in a few months and I am beat so bed time it is.

-Gawdun

2 comments:

Susan said...

What an opportunity! Even to be asked to go is super! Your talent is showing up in places you never dreamed it would... and to know I can say " I knew you when...ahhhh, what a blessing! "

leinani45 said...

That is AMAZING!!!! Wow... I'm like super proud you're my friend right now. ;) Can't say I'm surprised though. You are super talented, and therefore deserve every chance out there! :)