Thursday, May 6, 2010

Bzzz Buzzy

*I did not proof this posting after it was completed. I wrote this over a few days so there might be some craze missing things. But I tried to keep it understandable.

Sit back and get ready for some scrolling action as you read up on the insane events I have been up to.

First off Motley Chromatic the 3rd died. :-( He got ill, and after doing a little reading and net research I found out that he was depressed and starved him self. Your probably saying yeah right. However I swear to you that Betta's get depressed if they go through stress. They also are very demanding little fish. I think it's little man syndrome but I wont tell them that to their gills, they might get depressed and show you. (really sick way to prove a point, suicide). I did buy another one the other day and he is out of control active. I would swear he was in training to do a Iron Fish triathlon.

Speaking of Ironman triathlon...

This last weekend St. George held/sponsored their first Ironman event. The city was set up with a 5 year contract. It was super exciting. I remember being introduced to the whole Ironman world when as a young boy we were watching Baywatch (yes it's true the family would watch that on Saturdays and Roseanne on Tuesdays, so what) and this one story was set around an Ironman. However it is much more exciting in real life. I volunteered at one of the bike stations. The area I was at had a controlled pilot car that other vehicles could follow. At one point two cars completely cut off the athletes in an attempt to turn on the road I worked. Well let's just say I still wouldn't let them through and they had to wait a bit. Most vehicles were nice and allowed me to direct them safely around the athletes. But man alive, rich, older, people sure think they run the place. (The street I was working was one of the entrances to a wealthier community.) I also had a guy that came to watch tell me I wasn't an official volunteer if I didn't have my shirt or badge to say so. Eventually my team captain Rachel showed and gave me my shirt but I can't believe how that guy was. There were several other things he did and said to me that were rude but we wont worry. Needless to say Ironman was AWESOME!! There was one guy who broke his collar bone on the bike area but still finished the WHOLE event. I managed to be at the finish line when he finally came through. Two other guys walked the rest of it with him. That's 26.2 miles walked!!! Inspiring.

So this is where I make my prediction and hope. I am giving myself two years to be ready for an Ironman. That is right, I want to compete in the 2012 St. George Ironman. I'll keep you posted along the way.

Now you may ask why not get ready for next year. Simple there is a high $$ entry fee and with me going to Nepal in late Oct/early Nov I can't afford both. Yup that is right!!!

I AM GOING TO NEPAL on a service trip!!! I have noticed on my facebook it appears that the general thought is I will be gone a month or more. I will actually only be gone a total of 2 weeks with the travel times. Not long at all but we will do great things there. The whole purpose of this trip is service and helping in the cure of poverty. Nepal is a very poverish country about no bigger than Illinois, but population wise I would guess Texas in one little country. I am super exited!! I begin fundraising now and all the money I raise is tax deductible. Yup I will be hitting up all my readers and many more for donations! (more on that at the start of the week.)

Along with Ironman I also took part in a 8hour photography workshop held by local destination wedding photographer Kevin Hulett. Yeah he is the guy I work with once a week in his office (I freakn love working with him, and his wife and him are so supportive of my photography it is so bodacious). The workshop consisted of great round table style discussion where he gave information but we were all free to talk and ask anything needed. It climaxed with a live model shoot. The models rocked it and were a blast to work with. In fact two of the five want to work with me in the near future! Yeah it sounds like bragging but deal with it I am stoked that people want to do another model shoot with me. Sometimes you never know if your product it actually great. Go here to see some of the photo's from that day... TEP X class. (True Emotion Photography 10 class).

As of this moment I think you are all caught up. I have MUCH more to inform and relay in regards to the Nepal fundraising and trip so please be aware of the poverty and community help that I will be part of and feel free to donate to help get me there.

-Gawdun


P.S. I have some photos in regards to Ironman to post but it is late and I don't want this post to get longer so please check back very soon for photo's.

1 comment:

Amysthoughts said...

How very exciting!! I miss you Gawdun :(